ARDEX Group UK returns to SPATEX 2023
ARDEX will be introducing a new render system for internal pool surrounds, shower rooms and changing facilities, plus our specialist systems to ensure perfect wet leisure and pool tiling.
Visitors to their stand can also find out about ARDEX’s sustainability and energy saving initiatives.
Sustainability is a core corporate focus of the ARDEX Group UK is a critical launch factor in new product development.
Several initiatives have been introduced to reduce carbon emissions and save energy in construction including:
- Lower life cycle costs through high-performance products with extended project warranties.
- Innovations to ensure less waste on site with extended product working times but rapid-hardening for fast–track completion, saving energy through less mixing and working with larger batches.
- Pool systems that require less products for projects as well as high-yield products.
- New products providing increased performance with recyclable content.
- Localised raw material sourcing and more environmentally friendly packaging.
- Products tested to LEED protocol. working to achieve EN standard within BREAM (legislation still to be confirmed).
- EMICODE Approval: core products approved with remaining products in the process of EMICODE approval.
- EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) for all products.
With a Carbon Neutral (scope 1 & 2) target of 2030, the ARDEX Group UK recently worked with Achilles (Recognised Certified Body) to accurately reduce and measure their Carbon Footprints endorsed by verifiable commitment to reduce emissions and to continually improve environmental performance.
Achilles’ Carbon Reduce (powered by Toitu) scheme highlights the necessary data from all activities which is critiqued under the ISO 14064:1 scheme.
Measuring carbon output under ISO 14064-1 includes company vehicles, business travel, fuel and electricity, water and waste, to name a few. In return, this assists ARDEX Group UK to accurately identify areas of the business where they can reduce their emissions and consequent impacts on the environment.